image1 image2 image3

YOUTHFUL|ENTHUSIASM|HOPE|WE'RE ON A|SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT MISSION

Day 1 Part 3: The Mural




     Firstly, I would like to thank my group members for trusted me and gave me the opportunity to try mural painting. This was my first time doing mural painting, so I spent around half day to do some research on it. I searched for ideas which was most suitable to put on the wall.

“Murals are not like other paintings. They have a different purpose, a different kind of effect on the lives of those who see them”

So I decided to paint a meaningful mural which will bring them happiness whenever they see the mural. After finished the sketching the mural design, I needed to find the tools and materials. I asked some of my friends which was the most suitable paint to use for mural painting because I scared that the colour would faded after few months. At last I bought the mural paint from a stationary shop at SS2 and because we have limited budget so I only bought four colours.

On the first day, I started sketching at around 12pm. It was a big challenge for me to put the drawing that I sketched on a paper to a big wall as I never try this before and I was worried I would destroy their wall.

“If you never try, you will never know.”

 So my friends and I started to paint the wall. I was glad that it was a sunny day, but the weather was too hot. Painting the mural under the sun in the afternoon was just like burning ourselves. We kept took turns to rest so that we won’t get sick and sunburn. Besides, I would like to thanks Vinod and Kin Mun, they could have rest after finished weeding but they helped us to hold an umbrella under the hot sun. Finally we managed to finish the mural painting before 5pm.

I felt happy when I looked at the mural because we really make it! I hoped that the colourful mural could bring happiness to everyone whenever they see it.



During the first day, I helped Jia Lin with mural painting. At first, I do not have any confidence as this was my very first time doing this. I thought it will be an easy job but I was totally wrong. It was not easy as the wall are rough for us to paint. We have to be really careful while painting it as if we slightly move our hand it will be out of line. The another challenges we faced during the two days of mural painting were the hot sun. It was really suffering painting under the sun. We could not see the drawing clearly and our skin was like being burnt. After hours of painting, we finally done with mural painting. We were really satisfied as the drawing was praised by others. Through this, I learnt that teamwork is really important to make things successful. 

" Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much "

Without my group members and those who helped us, we definitely can't make this happen. Thanks to each and every one of you for contributing. 







Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment